How’s it going?
As President of MPIRMC, the most common question people ask me is “How’s it going?” The answer to this question is so easy for me… I think it’s going great!
While I may be blissfully ignorant, at the six-month point, here’s what I am experiencing:
- When I walk into a board meeting and see the eager faces of our board members ready to take on the challenges I am about to present, it’s hard to contain my pride.
- When I step on stage at an educational program and see the faces of our members, eager to learn from the professionals we bring in to teach us, I get teary-eyed.
- When we hold an MPI After 5 and there is a small intimate group of some who may not be able to make it to our daytime events – I am absolutely thrilled to know that I will have one-on-one time with every single one of those members.
- When I see that the board is embracing the Google environment (which is not super easy), I am overwhelmed with appreciation.
- When I look at our volunteer pipeline, I see so many people who are going to lead this chapter into our future. I am excited about what will be done after my tenure.
- When I have the opportunity to speak to our Students, I delight in their enthusiasm for the future in this industry that we all love.
- When I meet a new member, I enjoy sharing my story and hope to inspire them to get involved.
- We are lucky because our chapter as a business and community is growing. The teams before us have given us a leg up and while we are tightening our belts a bit, we are working together to ensure our chapters financial future.
I do realize this all sounds like roses and butterflies. There have been days where I feel I can’t do it all. When you are staring at 200 unread work emails as well as 30 MPI emails, it can be overwhelming. It is those times when I take a step back, triage the emails and know that I have an amazing support system with MPIRMC. If there is something I just can’t handle, I can raise my hand and ask for help. I do this often and I remind our volunteers they have this opportunity as well.
So, the moral of this story is – we have a strong chapter. We are an amazing network of professionals. You make this my happy place and if there is anything I can do to help MPIRMC become your happy place, please let me know.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to be your leader.
Tiffany Carson, CMP
2017-2018 MPI Rocky Mountain Chapter President